Tapestry / needlepoint is not complicated. Its simplicity is its charm, what makes it so therapeutic & relaxing. My graphic style designs, with blocks of colour are helpful for beginners. Having the design printed on to the canvas helps take any strain away. The easy-to-follow colour chart & detailed stitch instructions provided will also help guide you along the way.
Making Into A Cushion
No backing is needed on the tapestry before you turn it into a cushion. There are lots of tutorials online at www.youtube.com - but here are my written suggestions:
- With your square backing fabric, cut a strip off about 3 inches along the bottom, and re-attach to the main piece with a zip in between
- OPEN the zip!!
- Cut most of the excess canvas off the tapestry, leaving 1 cm around the perimeter.
- Put backing fabric down flat with outside fabric facing you. Place the tapestry face down on top of it.
- Pin the 2 pieces together.
- Machine stitch around the perimeter (or hand stitch). If you have an over locker, over lock as well. Remove pins
- Cut the 4 corners off at a 45 degree angle.
- Turn cushion inside out through the open zip
- Fill with a 50 x 50cm feather cushion pad. A bit of a squeeze to get it in, but makes it lovely and plump!
Alternatively, use your local seamstress at the dry cleaners. They should charge about £20 and saves on a lot of postage charges!
£3.99 UK / £5.99 Europe / £7.99 Elsewhere - flat rate per order
All international orders are dispatched via Royal Mail Airmail International Tracked Service. A confirmation email will be sent once your item has been dispatched along with your tracking number. International delivery takes from 5 working days, depending on where you are in the world. Please also be aware that your country's Customs department may add import duty and charges to your parcel on arrival.
I do everything myself. Therefore I can ensure my product is made and packaged with the greatest care & attention. However, if you are unhappy with your order please contact me within 48 hours of receiving, and I will happily do all I can to sort the problem out. If you do wish to return it, please use the Royal Mail Signed For Service as I cannot accept responsibility for returned items lost in transit. Items must be returned in their original condition, being complete, unopened & unused within 14 working days. I will refund the cost of the order to the cardholder, but unfortunately not the postage cost for returning the item unless the product is faulty.